RESEARCH AND IDENTITY
Consumer trend and market analysis is done to establish a focused vision of product opportunity. A core story is created as a visual tool that articulates the product intentions. This establishes the theme and strategy of the product collection.
- Story boards supporting product theme.
- Research documenting trend and market analysis.
A line plan matrix is created that encompasses sku list, price positioning, profitability and cost expectations. The line plan is supported by a product brief for each product. The product brief details design criteria, product strategy, features and benefits.
- Line plan matrix.
- Product brief for each style.
- Product design and development timeline.
Product, graphics, trims, color and materials are rendered in a multi-phase process. From conceptual art to final technical drawings ready for technical package.
- Initial concept presentation renderings.
- Development of color palette based on market analysis and color forecasting.
- Merchandising of colors in the product line.
- Final technical renderings for each style.
Identify and assigned sourcing suitable to styles specific needs, material and construction technology. Analyze fit, size and construction through all phases of sample development from first prototype to confirmation.
- Final and approved prototype.
- Prototype tracking report.
A complete technical document is created as a tool of communication to suppliers. This includes technical drawings, bill of materials, construction details, trim details, graphic details, size measurement specifications and grading.
Complete technical package document for each product.
Materials specific to product needs are developed with suppliers. A material specification document is created with material breakdown and testing information.
- Material specification document for each product.
- Materials tracking report.
Color standards are established. Lab dip of specific colors are initiated, tracked and reviewed to match to standard.
- Color palette with color standards.
- Lab dip tracking report.