Palmer Distribution Services, Inc. was started in the mid-1960s by Frank Rifeschlagger as a public warehouse and trucking company servicing the grocery and chemical industry in Houston, TX. The name comes from a street where the first warehouses were located. After the founder passed away, the trust enlisted Hermann Services, Inc., a New Jersey based warehouse and transportation provider since 1927, to provide contract management of the operation in 1982.
William Hermann, a third generation leader of Hermann Services, successfully revitalized PalmerÕs operations through some challenging economic times during the 1980s. In 1988, Hermann Services acquired... (more)